Friday, June 26, 2009

Walking papers

My name is Mike Jones and I worked at the Washington (Pa.) Observer-Reporter for nearly three years. There, I reported on municipal government, state issues and crime. Due to the cascading financial problems with the newspaper industry, I lost my job Wednesday morning, along with 11 other employees at the newspaper. We received a month-long severance package and I have since applied for unemployment compensation. While I am upset I lost my job, I still would like to thank the Observer-Reporter for the opportunity. There are a lot of good people that work there, and I wish them the best.

I hope this blog will explain the story of unemployment and the journey of finding a new job in this environment. Hopefully, this blog won't be operating too long! I also want to connect with others who have lost their jobs due to no fault of their own. Feel free to contact me by posting comments or e-mailing me directly at wvhones@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment