Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 1

Hangovers aren't fun, but two bowls of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios cleared that up really quickly... kinda. It turned out to be a gorgeous day in Pittsburgh (who says the sun never shines here) and I made a couple phone calls to test the waters. There are a couple promising job prospects, including a local newspaper. But I'm not sure if I'm ready to go that route again. Thursday was a new day, and it's time to quit the whining and moaning, and move on.

My roommate returned from his job at around 5 p.m. and we discussed the unemployment life. His former company, a mortgage agency, laid him off in September, but it might have been the best thing for him. He wallowed a few weeks, but found an even better job in downtown Pittsburgh. The most interesting tidbit he offered is that the days start to blend together. Is it Friday or Saturday? Well, everyday feels like Saturday, now. Regardless, I looking forward to starting my summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment