Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My thoughts exactly

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


Jim Chukalas, an auto parts distribution manager living in New Jersey, lost his job nearly two years ago. On Monday, he became the de facto spokesman for the unemployed after appearing on The White House lawn with President Obama urging the Senate to extend jobless benefits. His comments remind me of many breadline stories I have heard -- including my own -- since this recession began. He spoke about his problems on MSNBC's Countdown with guest host Lawrence O'Donnell the other night.

"The automobile business is not where I would want to be trying to make a living right now," O'Donnell says near the end of the interview.

"It's tough, but it's all I know," Chukalas responds. "But it's a tough business right now. It's a tough time."

I hear ya, buddy. Just substitute "auto business" with journalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment